Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Traditional Tae Kwon Do Gets Your Kids On The Right Track


Parents, if you are concerned about aggressive behavior of your child or teenager, why don't you give Traditional Tae Kwon Do a try?

There are various martial art programs around the country that are performing miracles with kids, young and old kids.

Let me save you a lot of aggravation with all kinds of research on this subject. Here is the nuts and bolts of martial arts helping kids with negative behavior modification.

I am going to reference this article to Traditional Tae Kwon Do, because I know something about this martial art. I am a 2nd Degree Black Belt. It took me seven years to obtain this designation. The interesting part of this is the fact that I was 57 years old when I began this martial art journey.

The key to positive results for your love ones is to get involved with "traditional" martial arts. If you have the capability, check out my Master Dae Hoon Lee and his Lee's Tae Kwon Do in Sarasota, Florida.

The word "traditional" is important. Contemporary or modern martial art schools are available, but if you are looking for effective positive behavior modification, you need the "Traditional Martial Art". Why so?

Traditional martial arts are based on Confusian/Buddhistic principles. Namely, they have an abhorrence to aggressive violence. Subsequently, you will find that very highly structured martial art programs to be positive life affirming directions.

The Tenets of Tae Kwon Do:

Courtesy: To be thoughtful and considerate of others. Martial art students and instructors should be polite, and show consideration for others.

Integrity: To be honest and good. Tae Kwon Do practitioners should live by a code of moral values and principles.

Perseverance: To never give up in the pursuit of one's goals. Students should welcome challenges, because challenges cause us to grow and improve.

Self-Control: To have control of your body and mind. A student should practice controlling his actions and reactions.

Indomitable Spirit: To have courage in the face of adversity. A student should never be dominated by, or have his spirit broken by another.

The above Tenants are taken very seriously in all classes. Students are expected to memorize these tenants. Every class begins with the recitation of these Tenants by the students.

By now, I am sure you get the overall picture that I have presented of the positive influence martial arts can have on your children.

I can't let you go until I explain to you about the dramatic effect Traditional Martial Arts can have on "Adults". Personally speaking I can not say enough positive things about the Art.

Yes, mastering the physical techniques of a traditional martial art is important and rewarding. However, the social, emotional and spiritual experience and growth is also very vital and rewarding.

Take my own case for an example. I got into Tae Kwon Do when I was 57 years old. I had no intention of getting a Black Belt or anything else. I just wanted to try something "different". I felt like I was in a rut. And I needed a change of pace.

Making a long story short, I soon became memorized by the Program. I am sure the mastery presented by Master Lee had a great deal to do with this. With his patience and encouragement I surprised myself. I stayed with Lee's Traditional Martial Arts for seven years. The only reason I left it was because I moved out of the area.

The most important thing I got out of Tae Kwon Do was a happier "home life". You bet. My wife loved my participation in martial arts. She immediately noticed and commented on my behavior at home. I become a more pleasant person to "be around". I owe Master Lee a great deal of gratitude for this improvement. I also gained a great deal physically and emotionally.

So you see, behavior modification is not just for kids. Try it out. Traditional Tae Kwon Do works miracles for anyone looking for a change of heart. Cheers.

p.s. Here's some excel research data on martial arts and juveniles.








Jack Marinchek is the publisher of the site, [http://standgreat.blogspot.com/], which features- inspirational information on life improvement, getting jobs and income, travel, and real estate relocation.


No comments:

Post a Comment